Northeast Motorhome Association Minutes: April 28, 2019

Northeast Area Minutes 4/28/19

Date April 28, 2019 Time: 7:00 pm Via Conference Call

Barbara Smith called meeting to order

Anne states she is taping the minutes on her phone

Roll Call:

Barbara Smith, Lou Snow, Charlie Lawrence, John Poppe, Anne Archambault, Patricia Pritchard, Charlotte Burrell, Maureen Pelletier, Tom Ziobrowski.

Invited Guest:

Connie Poole


Swearing in of Charlotte Burrell
Bylaws Highlights
NEA Documents/Knowledge Base
Rally Registration Form
Area Rally Planning Meeting

Barbara asked for approval of Agenda

Barbara continued to swear in Charlotte Burrell, Vice President and spoke to her about the Code of Ethics, she asked her to read it and sign and email it to her and the secretary.


Northeast Area Web site has an under construction banner on it.
Changes to the names of the officers are being made
Confidentiality, discussion was held on using good judgment when sharing information.

Charlotte questioned the statement “Area Officers shall not circulate beyond the confines of their own chapter any document concerning the Area”. She felt confidentiality should be held even within one’s oun chapter. Barbara said she would ask Bob Mills the origin of this statement.

Connie Poole was asked if this same of code of ethics was used across all areas and she said it was not Wording about sensitivity in the By Laws, Barbara will speak to Bob Mills about the Ethics Code of Conduct.

Barbara went over the highlights of several By Laws and Standing Rules that govern the Northeast Area

Barbara asked if there is flexibility in the Bylaws in regards to financials

Connie Poole replied there is a need for flexibility for financials.

Barbara explained that normally there is a rotation of officers every other year and the
Treasurer and Secretary are not the same year, due to all elected this year Charlotte asked if that would happen at year 3 and Barbara said she would check into that and report back.

The address for the Northeast Area changes with the President/Vice President

By Laws become effective when approved by the Board of Directors not when approved by FMCA.

A Northeast newsletter is being readied to send out to all members of the Northeast via email to all who are registered with FMCA.

Barbara stated Bob Mills is the Chairman of the National By Laws Committee and keeper of the Constitution.

Barbara defined the difference between Contracts and Invoices when planning rallies. Contracts must be approved by FMCA before any signatures for the Venue Invoices do not need approval from FMCA.

A directive for the Northeast Area by the National Executive officers Connie Poole states any deficiencies need to be recorded to go into the Standing Rules and must be completed within 60 days of the election of officers, due by June 15, 2019. Barbara and Maureen will meet in Ohio to draft Standing Rules. Connie Poole also offered to draft Standing Rules to help with the time line.

Discussion was held on sharing Documents thru Google Doc’s for sharing info for the rally. Barbara states she has a previous contract for New York State Fairgrounds. Tom and Barbara to share info for the rally

Lou asked when the Contract from the venue will be available; Barbara said it will be available soon. Other financial needs will be available after input from meeting with Maureen and Barbara set up the budget. Discussion: on budget to be at the next meeting if possible.

Discussion: on the flyer and registration for the Celebration of Syracuse. FMC is the profit making side of FMCA. Registration goes to FMC.

Barbara asked if anyone has a question on the cancellation dates, of 6/1 rather than 6/25. Do you think we will have enough people to handle all the events listed on the flyer. Need Captains to accompany guest if going on a trip off property along with all the costs.

The New York Fairgrounds really wants us to be there and have a successful event. Tom states it was easy working with the fairgrounds. We will be using the new Campground, it can accommodate at least 300 coaches.


Utilities available, some sites have 30 to 50 amp, water and sewer They want to showcase their new building

George Schremp in charge of parking, the parking committee will decide the parking arrangements, esp. Disable Parking. Feel free to contact him if you have any parking questions before he meets with Barbara next week.

Area planning meeting: May 31 to June 2, 2019 at Syracuse Fairgrounds, Barbara will check with Gary at the fairgrounds.

Barbara asks to bring the meeting to and end.

Talked about Zoom for the meeting., Barbara will get more information for the Board members.

Next meeting to be Sunday May 5, 2019 Use the same number to access

Meeting adjourned @ 8:18pm

Anne Archambault
NEA Executive Board

Approved 04/28/2019 – – Posted on 08/25/2019

Northeast Motorhome Association Minutes: April 25, 2019

Thursday April 25, 2019

Date: Thursday April 25, 2019 Time: 7:05 pm Via: Conference Call

Barbara Smith President calls the meeting to order

Anne Archambault calls the Roll

Those present are:

  • Barbara Smith
  • Lou Snow
  • Patricia Pritchart
  • John Poppe
  • Charlie Lawrence
  • Maureen Pelletier
  • Anne Archambault
  • Tom Ziobrowski

Invited Guest:

  • Connie Poole
  • Absent: Charlotte Burrell

Barbara asked all to introduce themselves and say something as a way to get to know each other. Connie Poole stated her role was to help Barbara and the new board to get started on the path to organization as this is a new board. Connie asked if the secretary was using a recording device. Anne said she did not have a recording device and was hand writing the minutes.

Lou Snow suggested a recording device for the next meeting Barbara wondered if the Northeast had purchased a recording device for the previous Secretary. Discussion followed that the previous secretary had provided her own recording device.

Lou Snow made a motion that the new secretary check on the cost of recording devices and bring it back to the next meeting. Maureen Pelletier 2nd and the motion passed. Barbara Smith went over the Code of Ethics and asked that each person read it and sign it and return it via email so the secretary can keep the signed forms in her files.

Barbara Smith continued with the swearing in of Officers:

  • Charlie Lawrence, Vice President
  • John Poppe, Vice President
  • Patricia Pritchart, Vice President
  • Anne Archambault, Secretary
  • Maureen Pelletier, Treasurer

Lou Snow, Senior Vice President, Lou states he has a medical issue until the end of June and will not be able to travel until he is cleared by the doctor. Barbara acknowledges his concerns and believes there will be no problems as one of the vice presidents could take charge if Barbara was unable to. Barbara continued with swearing in Lou Snow as SVP.

Barbara explained that the newsletter is being drafted and expected to go out Monday , April 29, 2019.

Updates :Welcoming new members and old.

Contract negotiations for Syracuse Rally are ongoing.


Sound and one night entertainment is pending

Fresh Start:

Weakness in By Laws
Getting web site updated
The Annual Meeting will be held on the Saturday in Syracuse
Regional representation

Barbara would like the board to write a paragraph to introduce themselves for the next newsletter, Barbara asked each member of the board to visit at least one chapter in the northeast this season. Discussion was held on reimbursement, for rally fee and mileage for one chapter visit (not home chapter).

Barbara will get the Black Covered book for the Treasurer and Secretary for more information and responsibilities.

Policies and Procedures are in the member and volunteers handbook, not to be confused by Chapter member handbook; Barbara noted an example about the business cards no longer have the bus logo instead the bus is a watermark on the back of the card.

Discussion on what should be in the newsletter.

Lou asked about vendors and dealers for the Syracuse Rally, there could be restrictions that only New York vendors be allowed to sell at the rally. Barbara said she would verify the state law regarding vendors.

Barbara stated the Art work was approved by Tim Wilbur and Tom Raule. Theme approved by Christine Cross

Rally Planning Committee:

Joe Samara
Bob Townsend
Norm Reinbold
Art Boucher

Parking Captain George Schremp

Northeast Pacers
Alloe Quebec
Yankee travelers
Jersey Gems in charge of Safety

Programs Tom Roule

Crafts Linda Deardorf
Captains needed for the following:

Chapter Fair
Ladies Social
Ice Cream Social may be needed

Barbara stated 41 coaches have registered as of Wednesday April 24

Sound for entertainment is being looked into
We will be using Expo center
Food Trucks will be available
Entertainment on opening night will be country music for Thursday Evening
First Timers will meet on Wednesday night

Considering Block Party one night, Each Chapter participating invites members and non chapter members to come over and enjoy happy hour with each chapter. Barbara suggested all chapters get delegates registered to go to Minot ND
Rally Planning meeting at the New York State Fairgrounds dates

Memorial Day Weekend
May 31 to June 2
June 7 to June 9

Radio’s and Golf carts discussed. Budgeting is a consideration depending on how many register for the rally. Unable to rent golf carts per FMCA to rally attendees, does that include dealers?

Next Scheduled meeting Sunday April 28 at 7 pm

Meeting adjourned 8:09 pm

Anne Archambault
NEA Executive Board

Approved 03/25/2019 – – Posted on 03/25/2019

Officer election results

FMCA has posted the new officers for the Northeast Area on their website. Below are the elected candidates. Congratulations!
Results of the AVP race will not be available until May.